I am a Consultant Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgeon working at the Princess of Wales Hospital, ABM University Hospitals, Bridgend, Wales. UK. I was appointed in 2006.
I qualified as a Doctor in 1990 from Pune, India and underwent specialist orthopaedic training in Pune and Mumbai. I then came to the UK in 1994, and then undertook further specialty training through the Mid-Trent registrar rotation at Derby, Mansfield and Nottingham.
I obtained the MCh(Orth)(Liverpool) degree in 1998 and was awarded my Certificate of Completion of Surgical Training in Trauma and Orthopaedics in 2005 FRCS(Tr & Orth)Glasg.
I am a double Fellowship trained surgeon, undertaking the ISAKOS and BASK recognized Fellowships at Derby, Nottingham (Messrs. Wilton, Cargill and Forster) and Bradford ( Mr Steve Bollen). I also worked with Mr Tim Spalding in Coventry and Mr John Aldridge in the Knee Unit to expand my expertise on knee surgery.
My interests cover the range of knee surgery including:
● Patello-femoral pathology: covering areas like patellar instability (MPFL, Trochleoplasty, TTO (tibial tubercle osteotomy)), articular cartilage repair through to joint replacement.
● Realignment osteotomy: HTO( High Tibial Osteotomy) and DFO ( Distal Femoral Osteotomy).
● Unicompartmental replacement: Medial, Lateral and Patellofemoral.
● Total Knee Replacement: including Oxinium ( Ceramic implants) and Patient-specific jigs.
● Ligament surgery: ACL, PCL and Multi-ligament stabilization. Use of Allografts tendons when indicated.
● Meniscal repair.
● Meniscal Allograft Transplantation.
● Regenerative surgery: Microfracture and Cartilage replacement with Microstructural scaffold technique, Intra-articular injections of Hyaluronic acid and PRP.